- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configurations.
- Go to User & Device > FortiTokens.
- Click Create New.
- Type the serial number or serial numbers of the FortiToken unit or units and click OK. Up to ten serial numbers can be entered.
- Go to User & Device > User Definition to create a new user.
- When creating the new user, select FortiToken, and then select the FortiToken from the dropdown menu.
- Go to User & Device > User Groups, create a new user group, and add the previously created user to this group.
- Install a policy package to the FortiGate, as described in Install a policy package.
- On the FortiGate, select User > FortiToken. Select one of the newly created FortiTokens, then select OK to activate the FortiToken unit.
When it is required that FortiToken is added to multiple managed FortiGate devices, FortiAuthenticator can be used in your configuration to manage two-factor authentication across devices. See FortiAuthenticator in the Fortinet Document Library.