API users can access FortiCloud services through the API. API users can only use OAuth 2.0 for authentication.
- Go to FortiCloud (https://support.fortinet.com/), and log in.
- From the Services menu, select IAM.
The IAM portal is displayed.
- Go to API Users, and click Add API User.
The Add API User > 1. API User Details pane is displayed.
- In the Description box, type a description, and click Next.
The Add API User > 2. Permissions pane is displayed.
- Set the portal permissions.
- Click the Plus sign (+).
- Under IAM, Assets Support, select a product or service, and click Add.
- Click the Edit button, and configure the user permission.
- Review the users credentials, and click Confirm.
The Add API User > 4. Successful API User Registration pane is displayed.
- Click Download Credentials. A credentials file is downloaded, and you can open it in a text editor.
- Request an authorization token. See Accessing FortiAPIs.