- Deliver to alternate host
- Deliver to original host
- System quarantine
- Personal quarantine
- Disclaimer insertion
- Subject tag location
For the delivery and quarantine actions, you can choose to deliver or quarantine the original email or the modified email.
- Modified copy means that the email message to be delivered or quarantined is not the original one. It has been modified by the matching FortiMail actions.
- Unmodified copy means that the email message to be delivered or quarantined still contains the original header and body. However, the envelope recipient or RCPT TO might have been rewritten by the relevant action profile.
For example, when the HTML content is converted to text, if you choose to deliver the unmodified copy, the HTML version will be delivered; if you choose to deliver the modified copy, the plain text version will be delivered.
For the disclaimer insertion action, you can choose to insert the disclaimer in the selected messages or all messages.
For the subject tagging action, you can choose to insert the tag at the beginning or the end of the subject.
- Go to Security > Other > Preference.
- Select your preferred choice for each action.
- If the action in one profile is one of the final actions, such as system quarantine, while the action in another profile is to deliver to the original host or alternate host, you can enable the option to “enforce delivery action if delivery to original/alternate host is enabled.
- For spam email that is sent to personal quarantine, you have the option to continue or stop further scanning the email attachments.