The minimum system requirements for FortiClient EMS are:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, or 2012 R2
- No additional installed services
- 2.0 GHz 64-bit processor, six virtual CPUs (6 vCPU)
- 8 GB RAM (10 GB RAM or more is recommended)
- 40 GB free hard disk
- Gigabit (10/100/1000baseT) Ethernet adapter
- Internet access is recommended, but optional, during installation. SQL Server may require some dependencies to be downloaded over the Internet. EMS will also try to download information about FortiClient signature updates from FortiGuard.
You should only install FortiClient EMS and the default services for the operating system on the server. You should not install additional services on the same server as FortiClient EMS.
Installing and running EMS on a domain controller is not supported.