This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.8, build 0481:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.8
- Special notices
- Upgrade and downgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.8, build 0481 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.8:
- FortiAP accepts hexadecimal values of EddyStone namespace ID and instance ID in Bluetooth low energy (BLE) profiles.
- Region/country code updates and DFS certification:
- Supports DFS Channels on FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E, FAP-321E, FAP-421E and FAP-423E with region code P.
- Supports DFS Channels on FAP-221E with region code U.
- The region code of Qatar is changed from "I" to "E".