This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.2, build 0437:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.2
- Upgrade and downgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.2, build 0437 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.2 managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS version 6.4.2):
- Automatic Radio Resource Provisioning (ARRP) Enhancement.
- Multiple pre-shared key (MPSK) Enhancement.
Support Electronic Shelf Label (ESL) tags via USB dongle.
Note: This requires FAP models equipped with a USB port. Currently, only FAP-S421E, FAP-S423E, FAP-421E, and FAP-423E can support this feature.
- Support per antenna/Rx Chain Statistics and fault alarm mechanism.
- Query new FortiGuard service to determine IoT device details.
- Enable DFS channels for FAP-224E with region A, and FAP-321E with region A, N, S and T.
- Add country Turkmenistan to region "I" and make country/region code up-to-date.
- Wi-Fi driver upgraded to Qualcomm Atheros SPF 6.1.