This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.0, build 0416:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.0
- Upgrade and downgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.0, build 0416 support the following models:
FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-231E, FAP-231F (build 5814)
FAP-421E, FAP-423E, FAP-431F (build 5760), FAP-433F (build 5760)
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.4.0 managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS version 6.4.0):
- Remove sticky clients.
- Spectrum analysis.
- Support for wireless clients using IPv6 addresses.
- Support for external-authentication captive-portal SSID in local-standalone mode.
- Configuration Rollback (after a new configuration causes a disconnection from the WiFi controller).
- Spreading out FortiAP reports evenly to the WiFi controller by assigning report indices.
- Support for Wireless Layer-3 Firewall.
- Enables DFS channels on FAP-321E with region code J.
- Enables DFS channels on FAP-231E with region code A, N, T and S.
Supports the newly released FAP-431F and FAP-433F models.
Note: FortiGate running FortiOS 6.2.4, 6.4.0 and later can manage FAP-431F and FAP-433F.
Supports the newly released FAP-231F model.
Note: FortiGate running FortiOS 6.2.5, 6.4.2 and later can manage FAP-231F.