This document provides the following information for FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.0, build 0233:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.0
- Upgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.0, build 0233 support the following models:
FAP-S221E, FAP-S223E, FAP-S421E, FAP-S422E, FAP-S423E
FAP-221E, FAP-222E, FAP-223E, FAP-224E, FAP-421E, FAP-423E
FortiAP-W2 models do not have the unified threat management (UTM) functionality.
The following list includes new features in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.0 when managed by FortiGate (running FortiOS 6.2.0) or FortiAP Cloud:
- New wireless event logs to record detailed activities of Wi-Fi stations for troubleshooting
- New security modes
- WPA3 Enterprise
- WPA3 SAE
- WPA3 SAE Transition
- OWE Transition
- WMM to DSCP marking for uplink data packets
- Direct SNMP support
- VLAN probe tool
- Air time fairness
- Report of scanned Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices to FortiPresence
- Wildcard domain names support in walled garden (whitelist) of captive portal SSID configured by FortiAP Cloud
The following list includes improvements in FortiAP-S and FortiAP-W2 version 6.2.0:
- New GUI
- REST API support
- New Reset button functions
- To reboot FortiAP, push and hold the Reset button for less than 5 seconds.
- To reboot FortiAP and enter the FortiAP Configuration mode, push and hold the Reset button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- To reset FortiAP to the factory default, push and hold the Reset button for more than 10 seconds.
- Local automatic channel selection (ACS)
- Removal of HTTP and Telnet administrative access
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) certified stock keeping units (SKU):
- Wi-Fi region and country code adjustments:
- 5 GHz channels 100 to 144 added to region "D".
- 5 GHz transmit power increased for region "D".