This document provides the following information for FortiAP-U version 6.0.2 build 0028:
- Supported models
- What's new in FortiAP-U version 6.0.2
- Special notice
- Upgrade information
- Product integration and support
- Resolved issues
- Known issues
For more information about your FortiAP-U device, see the FortiWiFi and FortiAP Configuration Guide.
FortiAP-U version 6.0.2 supports the following models:
FAP-U421EV, FAP-U422EV, FAP-U423EV
The following is a list of new features and enhancements in FortiAP-U version 6.0.2:
New shipments of FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F units have updated Common Firmware Environments (CFE) to improve the robustness of writing and reading flash blocks.
For FortiAP-U features managed by a FortiWLC, see the Wireless Controller documentation.
FortiAP-U version 6.0.2 supports the following new features, when managed by a FortiGate running FortiOS version 6.2.3 and later, or by FortiAP Cloud:
- Added support for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) service.
- FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F support Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) in kernel option for CAPWAP data encryption.
- FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F support Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) function.
- FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F support up to 500 WiFi stations per radio.
- FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F are compatible with IEEE 802.3af PoE input.
- With a single 802.3af PoE on either the LAN1 or LAN2 port, FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F limit the 1st and 2nd radios to operate on 2 spatial streams only, and disable the 3rd radio.
- With dual 802.3af PoEs on both LAN1 and LAN2 ports, FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F support the same full set of functionalities as powered by IEEE 802.3at PoE.
- FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F support the 2.4GHz 802.11ax band on the 2nd radio when the platform mode is "single-5G".
- FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F support Zero-Wait Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS).
FAP-U431F and FAP-U433F with region code E, I, V, Y, D, N, and A support DFS channels and 160MHz channel bonding.
Note: FortiOS version 6.2.4 and later will support the configuration.