Connecting to the Command Line Interface
The FortiSandbox CLI commands are intended to be used for initial device configuration and troubleshooting. The FortiSandbox device is primarily configured using the GUI. You can enable SSH and Telnet access on the port1 (administration) interface and access the CLI through SSH or Telnet to troubleshoot the device including RAID related hard disk issues. You can also connect to the CLI through the console port.
To connect to the CLI through the console port:
- Connect the FortiSandbox unit console port to the management computer using the provided console cable.
- Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer.
- Use the following settings:
Serial line to connect to
- Press Open to connect to the FortiSandbox CLI. The login as page is displayed.
- Type a valid administrator name and press Enter.
Type the password for this administrator and press Enter.
set port1-ip 192.168.0.10/24
set default-gw 192.168.0.1
For more information on FortiSandbox CLI commands, see the FortiSandbox CLI Reference Guide available in the Fortinet Document Library.