Use the vSphere client to deploy the FortiGate OVF template and create the FortiGate-VM on the VMware ESXi server.
- Launch the vSphere client, enter the IP address or host name of your VMware server and your user name and password, then select Login.
- In the vSphere client homepage, select File > Deploy OVF Template to start the OVF Template wizard.
- In the Source page, select the source location of the OVF file, select Browse to locate the OVF file on your computer, then select Next.
- In the Details page, verify the OVF template details (product name, download size, size on disk, and description), then select Next.
- Read the end user license agreement for FortiGate-VM, select Accept, then select Next.
- In the Name and Location page, enter a name for this OVF template, then select Next. The name must be unique within the inventory folder and can contain up to 80 characters.
- In the Disk Format page, select one of the disk format options, then select Next:
Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed
Allocates the disk space statically (no other volumes can take the space), but does not write zeros to the blocks until the first write takes place to that block during runtime (which includes a full disk format).
Thick Provision Eager Zeroed
Allocates the disk space statically (no other volumes can take the space), and writes zeros to all blocks.
Allocates the disk space only when a write occurs to a block, but the total volume size is reported by VMFS to the OS. Other volumes can take the remaining space. This allows you to float space between your servers, and expand your storage when your size monitoring indicates there is a problem. Note that once a Thin Provisioned block is allocated, it remains on the volume regardless of whether you have deleted data, etc.
- In the Network Mapping page, map the networks used in this OVF template to networks in your inventory, and then select Next.
Network 1 maps to port1 of the FortiGate-VM. You must set the destination network for this entry to access the device console.
- In the Ready to Complete page, review the template configuration, and ensure that Power on after deployment is not enabled.
- Select Finish. The message Deployment Completed Successfully is shown.
- Upload the license file.
- Connect the FortiGate-VM to the network.