The multitenancy account is a FortiGate Cloud premium account designed for managed security service providers. A multitenancy account is a one- or five-year service for an administrator to create and manage multiple subaccounts. It also allows you to move devices between these accounts. You can allocate administrators to each subaccount with full or read-only access, allowing more control over a managed service's provisioning.
- Contact your Fortinet partner or reseller, requesting the following SKU: FCLE-10-FCLD0-161-02-DD. They email you a multitenancy activation code.
- In FortiGate Cloud, select Account Setting.
- Under the admin/user list, select Activate multi-tenancy feature.
- Enter the activation code, and click Submit.
- On the Inventory page, select Import FortiCloud Key or Import Bulk Key to add multiple FortiGate Cloud licenses at once.
After the device is successfully deployed, the device key becomes invalid. You can only use the key once to deploy a device.
- On the FortiGate Inventory subpage, select one or multiple devices, and select Deploy to FortiGate Cloud. Select the subaccount for the selected devices. You can also select a timezone for the devices.
- Click Deploy. The devices are moved to the FortiGate Cloud Deployed subpage.
Assigning a device to a new subaccount keeps the device data in FortiGate Cloud, including logs, reports, and configuration backup, and moves this data to the new subaccount. To delete this data, you must undeploy your device from FortiGate Cloud, then assign it to the desired subaccount.
You can assign a device to a different subaccount, including RMA devices.
- On the Network Overview page, click the Config icon beside the desired device, then click Assign To.
- In the Assign To dialog, select the desired subaccount, then click Submit.
- In the confirmation dialog, click YES.
- The Network Overview page lists subaccounts in a dropdown list. To manage a subaccount, click the desired subaccount. From the dropdown list, select the desired management action.
- Go to Account Setting. You can view all accounts associated with this FortiGate Cloud. Use the dropdown list to view Global, SubAccount, or All Users. You can see that users have different roles. For descriptions of the roles, see User roles.
- Click the Edit icon for the desired account.
- In the Account Setting > Edit User dialog, for Manage Sub Account, select Selected. Select the desired subaccounts for this user to manage.