You can deploy FortiGate Cloud using one of the following methods:
After deploying FortiGate Cloud using one of the methods described, complete basic configuration by doing the following:
- Create a firewall policy with logging enabled. Configure log uploading if necessary.
- Log in to FortiGate Cloud using your FortiCloud account.
For FortiGates that are part of a high availability (HA) pair, you must activate FortiGate Cloud on the primary FortiGate. Activate FortiGate Cloud on the primary FortiGate as To deploy a FortiGate/FortiWifi to FortiGate Cloud in the FortiOS GUI: describes. FortiGate Cloud activation on the primary FortiGate activates FortiGate Cloud on the secondary FortiGate. Local FortiGate Cloud activation on the secondary FortiGate will fail.
- Log in to the FortiGate Cloud portal.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Add Fortigate.
- Go to Inventory, then click Import FortiCloud Key.
- Click Add Fortigate.
- Enter the key printed on your FortiGate.
- From the Select Display Timezone for Device dropdown list, select the desired time zone.
- Under Select Sub Account, select the desired subaccount.
- Click Submit.
After the device is successfully deployed, the device key becomes invalid. You can only use the key once to deploy a device.
- Log in to the FortiGate Cloud portal, then click Inventory.
- Click Import Bulk Key.
- In the Please input the Bulk Key: field, enter the FortiDeploy bulk key.
- Click Submit. The portal displays a list of the FortiGate/FortiWifi serial numbers associated with the bulk key. If any FortiGate/FortiWifi devices failed to be added to FortiGate Cloud, FortiGate Cloud lists those failed devices' serial numbers.
- In the FortiCloud portal, ensure that you have a product entitlement for FortiGate Cloud for the desired FortiGate or FortiWifi.
- In FortiOS, do one of the following:
- Go to Security Fabric > Settings, and enable Central Management. Click FortiGate Cloud.
- In the Dashboard, in the FortiGate Cloud widget, the Status displays as Not Activated. Click Not Activated.
- Click the Activate button.
- In the Activate FortiGate Cloud panel, for Account, select FortinetOne.
- In the Email and Password fields, enter the email address and password associated with the FortiCloud account.
- Enable Send logs to FortiGate Cloud. Click OK.
- This should have automatically enabled Cloud Logging. Ensure that Cloud Logging was enabled. If it was not enabled, enable it, then set Type to FortiGate Cloud.
- At this point you can access Analysis and SandBox features for this device. To access Management features, you must authorize the FortiGate in FortiGate Cloud by entering the a local superadministrator username and password when prompted. After authorization, you can manage that FortiGate from FortiGate Cloud.
- You must set the central management setting to FortiCloud, as this is the initial requirement for enabling device management features.
You can disconnect your account from the dashboard in your FortiGate/FortiWifi.
- In the FortiOS Dashboard FortiGate Cloud widget, the Status appears as Activated. Click Activated, then click the Logout button.
- In the confirmation dialog, click OK. This detaches the FortiGate/FortiWifi from the account and stops uploading logs.
To move a FortiGate/FortiWifi that is already deployed to FortiGate Cloud to another account and retain its historical data, you must follow these instructions.
- Log in to the FortiGate Cloud portal using the account that the FortiGate/FortiWifi is currently deployed on.
- Click the Config icon for the desired device.
- Click Migrate Existing Data.
- In the Account ID field of the Migrate Existing Data dialog, enter the desired new account. Click Submit.
- In FortiOS, go to Security Fabric > Settings. Log out of the FortiGate Cloud account that the FortiGate/FortiWifi is currently deployed on.
- Deploy the device to FortiGate Cloud using the new account by following the instructions for To deploy a FortiGate/FortiWifi to FortiGate Cloud in the FortiOS GUI:.
After moving a FortiGate to another FortiGate Cloud account, you must also transfer that FortiGate to the same account in FortiCare.