Installing FortiClient on an endpoint and registering to FortiClient Cloud
Deploying FortiClient to Windows and macOS endpoints is the same in FortiClient Cloud as for on-premise EMS. See Deployment.
To install FortiClient on an endpoint:
When installing FortiClient on an endpoint from a deployment package created in FortiClient Cloud, the administrator carries out some actions, while the endpoint user carries out others.
- (Administrator) In EMS, go to Manage Installers > Deployment Packages. Note the invitation code for the desired deployment package.
- (Administrator) Go to Invitations.
- (Administrator) Select the invitation code that was noted in step 2. Click Edit.
- (Administrator) To send the code to a single recipient, select Individual. Otherwise, select Bulk.
Sending individual invitation codes is considered best practice, as it can limit any unexpected endpoints from connecting to FortiClient Cloud.
- (Administrator) In the Email recipients field, enter the email addresses of the desired end users.
- (Administrator) If desired, enable Send SMS notifications.
- (Administrator) In the Expiry date field, set the expiry date. Click Save.
- (End user) Click the FortiClient download link in the invitation email or text message that you received. Extract and run the installer file.
- (End user) Your FortiClient should automatically register to FortiClient Cloud after installation. If your FortiClient did not automatically register to FortiClient Cloud, use the instructions below to register to FortiClient Cloud.