Uploading the FortiADC Deployment Image to Nutanix
How to upload the image to Nutanix
Log in to Nutanix
From http, go to Nutanix PRISM Central and log into the Nutanix management console.
Upload the FortiADC boot image
1. Go to three bars in the upper left, then >Virtual Infrastructure> Images
2. Click Add Image.
3. Under Image Source, click Image File.
4. In the Add Images window, click Add File.
5. Select the boot.qcow2 VM image file downloaded in Obtaining the Deployment Image.
6. In the IMAGE TYPE dropdown list, ensure Disk is selected.
7. In the IMAGE DESCRIPTION field, enter the desired description.
8. Click Save.
9. Wait a few minutes, then refresh the browser. You will find the newly created VM image in the Explore > Images list.
Check that Nutanix Image Service reports the VM image as active
1. In the Nutanix management console, go to the main dashboard.
2. Under Cluster Quick Access, click the current cluster to launch PRISM ELEMENT
3. Go to the Gear icon, then > Image Configuration
4. In the Image Configuration window, ensure that the newly created VM is listed as active.
Creating the FortiADC Virtual Machine
Go to VMS
From the main PRISM Central dashboard, go to the three bars in the upper left corner > Virtual Infrastructure > VMS.
Press Create VM button
Enter the following configuration information for General Configuration and Compute Details:
1. In the NAME field, enter the desired name for your VM.
2. In the VCPU(S) field, enter 1.
3. In the MEMORY field, enter 2.
By default, a CD-ROM is listed under Disks. Delete the CD-ROM.
You must create a boot disk and a log disk for the VM. First, let's create the boot disk:
1. Click Add New Disk.
2. The boot disk will be cloned from the VM image that you uploaded. Under OPERATION, select Clone from Image Service.
3. Under BUS TYPE, select SCSI.
4. Under IMAGE, select the FortiADC boot disk image.
5. Click Add. The boot disk has been added.
Create the data disk:
1. Click Add New Disk.
2. Under OPERATION, select Allocate on Storage Container
3. Under Storage Container, choose the appropriate storage container for the VM
4. Under SIZE (GB), enter 30.
5. Click Add. The log disk has been added.
Add 4-10 network interface for the VM:
1. Under Network Adapters (NIC), click Add New NIC.
2. Under VLAN NAME, select appropriate NICs.
3. Click Add.
4. Repeat for each additional virtual nic that is required
<OPTIONAL>Pin the VM to a host:
1. Under VM Host Affinity, click Set Affinity.
2. Under SELECT HOSTS, select the desired host.
3. Click Save.
The system displays a Successfully submitted Create operation message when the VM has been created successfully with no error.
FortiADC-VM Power Up and IP Addressing
Power on the VM:
1. In the Prism Central dashboard, click on the 3 bars in the upper left and go to Virtual Infrastructure> VMs.
2. Click the check box next to newly created FortiGate-VM.
3. By default, the FortiGate-VM is shutdown after initial creation. Click Actions > Power On.
Once Power State goes to green, click Actions>Launch Console
Log into FortiGate
Once boot-up is complete, the console prompts for login credentials. Log into the FortiGate, using the username admin and no password.
Set networking of vm console from command line
config system interface
set ip xx.xx.xx.xx yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy (x=ip y=subnet mask)
config router static
set gateway xx.xx.xx.xx