Registering FortiGate-VMX Service Manager
To properly license FortiGate-VMX Service Manager you will need the correct license file. To obtain the license file, the FortiGate-VMX Service Manager must be registered with Fortinet Customer Service & Support.
To register the FortiGate VMX Service Manager:
- Go to the Fortinet Customer Service & Support website at: https://support.fortinet.com.
- Log in to the Customer Service & Support portal.
- Use an existing support account or select Sign Up to create a new account.
- Go to the Asset section on the page or select the Asset tab at the top of the page, and choose Register/Renew. The Registration Wizard page will open.
- The first step in the Wizard is to specifiy a registration code. Enter the registration code that was emailed to you in the field. select Next.
- Complete filling out the fields in the wizard. There are 4 pages to the wizard.
- After completing the wizard, a registration acknowledgment page will appear.
- Select the License File Download link.
- You will be prompted to save the license file (.lic) to your local computer.
- Once the FortiGate-VMX Service Manager has been installed, the license file can be upload and the registration process can be completed. See "Uploading the Service Manager license file" for instructions in the process.