Configuring ESXi agent VM settings
The Agent VM Settings must be properly set on each ESXi host that you plan to make part of the cluster. For larger environments, these values can also be configured via the NSX Manager during the Service Deployment step.
Used when deploying the FortiGate -VMX Security Node to the host. The Datastore setting is where the Service VM’s files will reside. In Fortinet’s case, the Service VM is a FortiGate-VMX Security Node
The Network setting is for communication between the FortiGate-VMX Service Manager and FortiGate-VMX Security Node instance.
How to configure them:
- Log into the vCenter Server with the vSphere Web Client.
- Select the Manage tab for each ESXi host.
- Under Settings, select Agent VM Settings in the left pane.
- Click Edit.
- Select Datastore and set the value.
- Select Network and set the value.
|Fortinet recommends choosing a local datastore if one is available.|