If the FortiGate-VM will be configured to operate in transparent mode, the virtual switches of the VMware ESXi server must be configured to operate in promiscuous mode to allow traffic that is not addressed to the FortiGate-VM to pass through it.
To configure virtual switches to support FortiGate-VM transparent-mode operation:
- In the vSphere client, select your VMware server, and then select the Configuration tab.
- In Hardware, select Networking.
- Select Properties of vSwitch0.
- In the Properties window, select vSwitch, and then select Edit.
- Select the Security tab, set Promiscuous Mode to Accept, and then select OK.
- Select Close.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for other virtual switches that the FortiGate-VM uses.