Use any of the following methods to power on the FortiGate-VM:
- Select the name of the FortiGate-VM in the inventory list, and select Power on the virtual machine in the Getting Started tab.
- In the inventory list, right-click the name of the FortiGate-VM, and select Power > Power On.
- Select the name of the FortiGate-VM, and click the Power On button on the toolbar.
To test connectivity to other devices, using the PING utility is the usual method. For this, you need the console on the FortiGate-VM. Select the Console tab to access the FortiGate-VM console. To enter text, click in the console window. This captures the mouse pointer; however, as the FortiGate-VM console is text-only, the pointer is not visible. To release the pointer, press Ctrl-Alt.
|In FortiOS, the command for the PING utility is
Before you configure the FortiGate-VM for use in production, ensure that connections between it and all required resources can be established.
- If the FortiGate-VM will provide firewall protection between your network and the internet, verify that it can connect to your internet access point and to resources on the internet.
- If the FortiGate-VM is part of a Fortinet Security Fabric, verify that it can connect to all devices in the fabric.
- Verify that each node on your network can connect to the FortiGate-VM.