Configuring hardware settings
- In the vSphere Client, right-click on the FortiDeceptor VM in the left pane, and select Edit Settings to open the Virtual Machine Properties window.
- Select Memory from the Hardware list, then adjust the Memory Size as required. 3GB of RAM per Deception VM is recommended.
- Select CPUs from the Hardware list, then adjust the Number of virtual sockets and Number of cores per socket as required.
If you need to change the vCPUs after the initial boot, power off FortiDeceptor VM. Fortinet recommends that the number of vCPUs be four more than the number of Deception VMs.
- Select Hard disk 2, the data disk, from the Hardware list, and configure it as required. Fortinet recommends making the virtual disk 1TB or larger. Hard disk 1 should not be edited.
- From the Hardware list, select a network adapter, then adjust the virtual network mapping as required by your network configuration. To use sniffer mode, promiscuous mode must be enabled on a port.
- Select OK to apply your changes.