Registering your FortiDeceptor VM
To obtain the FortiDeceptor VM license file, you must first register your FortiDeceptor VM with Fortinet Customer Service & Support.
To register your FortiDeceptor VM:
- Log into the Fortinet Customer Service & Support portal using an existing support account, or select Create an Account to create a new account.
- In the toolbar, select Asset > Register/Renew. The Registration Wizard opens.
- Enter the registration code from the FortiDeceptor VM License Certificate that was emailed to you, then select Next. The Registration Info page is displayed.
- Enter your support contract number, product description, Fortinet Partner, and IP address in the requisite fields, then select Next.
- On the Fortinet Product Registration Agreement page, select the check box to indicate that you have read, understood, and accepted the service contract, then select Next to continue to the Verification page.
- The verification page displays the product entitlement. Select the check box to indicate that you accept the terms then select Confirm to submit the request.
- From the Registration Completed page, you can download the FortiDeceptor VM license file, select Register More to register another FortiDeceptor VM, or select Finish to complete the registration process.
Select License File Download to save the license file (.
lic) to your management computer. For instructions on uploading the license file to your FortiDeceptor VM via the GUI, see Uploading the license file.
As a part of the license validation process, FortiDeceptor VM compares its IP address with the IP information in the license file. If a new license has been imported or the FortiDeceptor VM's IP address has been changed, the FortiDeceptor VM must be rebooted in order for the system to validate the change and operate with a valid license.
The Customer Service & Support portal currently does not support IPv6 for FortiDeceptor VM license validation. You must specify an IPv4 address in both the support portal and the port management interface.