Installing the Windows VM package
To complete the installation, the VM package must be downloaded and installed either manually or automatically, and then activated.
To manually download and install the package:
For FDC-VM model:
The following Deception Images are available:
- WIN7X86VM (Windows 7, 32 bit)
- UBUNTU64VM (Ubuntu 16.04, 64 bit)
- Windows 7: Download the package from ftp://fdcvm.fortinet.net/FortiDeceptor/images/win7x86v1.pkg
- Ubuntu 16.04: Download the package from ftp://fdcvm.fortinet.net/FortiDeceptor/images/ubuntu16v1.pkg
Download the md5 value of images from ftp://fdcvm.fortinet.net/images/md5.txt
Downloading the Deception VM package with a web browser is not recommended due to the size of the file. An FTP client that supports resume download is recommended.
- Put the package on a host that supports file copy with the SCP or FTP command. FortiDeceptor must be able to access the SCP or FTP server.
- In a console window, enter the following command string to download and install the package:
Windows Deception VMs must be activated against the Microsoft activation server. This is done automatically after a system reboot.