Checking the prerequisites
To deploy and configure the FortiGate-VM as an A-P HA solution, you need the following items:
- OCI account to operate in OCI compute portal
- Availability to accommodate required OCI resources
- See Service Limits.
- VCN with five subnets
- Three public IP addresses
- One for traffic to/through the active (primary) FortiGate
- Two for management access to each FortiGate
- All IP addresses must be static, not DHCP.
- Two FortiGate-VM instances
- The two nodes must be deployed in the same region and under the same VCN.
- Each FortiGate-VM must have at least four network interfaces. See Compute Shapes.
- Two valid FortiGate-VM BYOL licenses. See Licensing.
FortiGate nodes must be in the same region and VCN.