Creating a VCN for same-AD HA topology
To create a VCN and public-facing subnets:
- In OCI, go to Networking > Virtual Cloud Networks, and click Create Virtual Cloud Network.
- In the NAME field, enter the VCN name. Then, select CREATE VIRTUAL CLOUD NETWORK PLUS RELATED RESOURCES. This allows you to create the Internet gateway, routing table, and subnet all together using Oracle default settings. If you intend to create each resource separately by specifying your own inputs, click CREATE VIRTUAL CLOUD NETWORK ONLY. This example uses the first choice.
- Click Create Virtual Cloud Network at the bottom of the screen, then click Close.
This configures the related resources.
- Create the other subnets:
- Go to Networking > Virtual Cloud Networks. Click the name of the previously created VCN, then click Create Subnet.
- For Subnet Type, select Regional.
- For Subnet Access, select Private or Public Subnet as desired. The screenshot shows the configuration for the public subnet.
- Repeat to create a minimum of four subnets for HA setup. The following shows an example of the minimum requirement: