Creating an instance by selecting an OCI partner image
This section describes an alternative method of deploying a single FortiGate-VM instance. This method is applicable for FortiOS 6.0.3 and later versions. OCI's partner image catalog lists FortiGate deployment images. You can create the instance by pointing to an available image instead of importing one yourself.
To create an instance by selecting an OCI partner image:
- In OCI, click Create Instance.
- Name the instance as desired.
- Under Choose an operating system or image source, click Change Image Source.
- Configure the parameters as follows:
- Under Choose instance shape, select one of the supported instance shapes.
- Under Configure boot volume and Add SSH key, keep the default values.
- Under Configure networking, configure the options as required.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- On the Management tab, if you want to add bootstrapping of FortiGate CLI commands and a BYOL license, follow the instructions in (Optional) Bootstrapping FortiGate on the OCI GUI at initial boot-up, then copy and paste all of the text content (CLI commands and license) under User Data. Modify the text as needed.
- On the Networking tab, ensure that Assign public IP address is enabled.
- Click Create. This deploys the FortiGate-VM instance.