Obtaining the deployment image file and placing it in your bucket
- Obtain the deployment image file:
- Go to Customer Service & Support. Navigate to Download > VM Images in the top menu.
- In the Select Product dropdown list, select FortiGate.
- In the Select Platform dropdown list, select Oracle.
- Obtain the FGT_VM64_OPC-vX-buildXXXX-FORTINET.out.OpenXen.zip file. XXXX is the build number. Ensure the file name includes OpenXen.
- After downloading, unzip the file. You will find the forties.qcow2 file, which is needed to deploy the FortiGate on OCI.
- In OCI, go to Object Storage, then click Create Bucket to create a standard storage bucket.
- Configure the standard storage bucket as shown below.
- Select the bucket, then click Upload Object to upload the deployment image file forties.qcow2.
The dialog shows the upload progress.
- Once uploaded, the following screen appears. Click Create Pre-Authenticated Requests.
- Note down this URL. It will be needed in further steps.