Creating IP policies
The section describes how to create new IPv4 and IPv6 policies.
IPv6 security policies are created both for an IPv6 network and a transitional network. A transitional network is a network that is transitioning over to IPv6, but must still have access to the Internet or must connect over an IPv4 network. IPv6 policies allow for this specific type of traffic to travel between the IPv6 and IPv4 networks.
On the Policy & Objects tab, from the Tools menu, select Display Options. In the Policy section, select the IPv6 Policy checkbox to display this option.
To create a new IPv4 or IPv6 policy:
- Ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Policy Packages.
- In the tree menu for the policy package in which you will be creating the new policy, select IPv4 Policy or IPv6 Policy. If you are in the Global Database ADOM, select IPv4 Header Policy, IPv4 Footer Policy, IPv6 Header Policy, or IPv6 Footer Policy.
- Click Create New, or, from the Create New menu, select Insert Above or Insert Below. By default, policies will be added to the bottom of the list, but above the implicit policy. The Create New Policy pane opens.
- Complete the options.
- Click OK to create the policy.
You can select to enable or disable the policy in the right-click menu. When disabled, a disabled icon will be displayed in the Seq.# column to the left of the number.