Preparing for the FortiWeb Manager Installation
FortiManager supports the following hypervisor versions:
KVM is used as a hypervisor; enable the nested visualization to speed up the system. Refer to https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Nested_Guests for more information.
For best performance in hypervisor deployments, install FortiWeb Manager-VM on a "bare metal" (type 1) hypervisor. Hypervisors that are installed as applications on top of a general purpose operating system (Windows, Mac OS X or Linux) host have fewer computing resources available due to the host OS’s own overhead.
For hypervisor deployments, hardware-assisted virtualization (Intel VT or AMD-V) must be enabled in the BIOS. You must also have the VM environment client installed on a management computer. (A management computer is a desktop or a laptop that you use to deploy and manage your virtual machines.)
Prerequisites and Requirements
- 64-bit support required (kernel and runtime)
- A currently supported version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Other HTML5 compliant web browsers may work but are not fully tested or supported
- 2 CPUs minimum
- 8 GB RAM minimum (8+ GB RAM recommended )
- 70 GB of dedicated hard disk space
- The firmware version of the FortiWeb devices managed by FortiWeb Manager should be 5.9.0 or higher
- Downgrade is NOT supported (snapshot is recommended before upgrade operations)