Registering your FortiGate-VM virtual appliance
Registering the FortiGate-VM virtual appliance with Customer Service & Support allows you to obtain the FortiGate-VM virtual appliance license file.
To register the FortiGate-VM virtual appliance:
- Log in to the Customer Service & Support site using a support account, or select Sign Up to create an account.
- In the main page, under Asset, select Register/Renew.
- In the Registration page, enter the registration code that was emailed to you, and select Register to access the registration form.
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- In the registration acknowledgment page, click the License File Download link.
- Save the license file (
.lic) to your local computer. See "Uploading the FortiGate-VM virtual appliance license" or "Validating the FortiGate-VM license using FortiManager" for information about uploading the license file to your FortiGate-VM via the web-based manager.