Initializing the SDN Connector
- Once the OVF template is deployed, turn on the VM and navigate to the Console tab. Once the SDN Connector boots up, the system displays the following GUI dialog for configuration. Press Enter to proceed to the Network Interface Configuration wizard.
The Network Interface Configuration wizard provides DHCP and static IP configuration options.
When the VM receives the IP address from the DHCP server, the system shows this success dialog. The dialog shows the SDN Connector IP address and gateway information.
When the VM is configured with a static IP address, the system shows this success dialog.
- To change the network configuration, click OK and return to the wizard to restart the setup flow.
- Using a web browser, navigate to https://<SDN connector IP address>.
- Log into the system with the default username and password, which are email@example.com and fortinet123, respectively. If you see the password change screen, enter fortinet123 as the old password.
If the system does not prompt you to change the password at initial login, simply log in first, then change the password.
- Click Configuration, then enter the SDN controller IP address, username, and password, then click OK. The SDN controller username and password are the Cisco ACI username and password. You can obtain this from the ACI administrator.
- Click Running Status to verify the status. When the signal icons are green, this indicates the connection between the SDN controller and SDN connector has been established.