Create an Azure Active Directory application
Create an Azure Active Directory application to authorize the function application to access the resources in the autoscaling cluster.
- Sign in to your Azure Account through the Azure portal.
- Select Azure Active Directory.
- Select App registrations.
- Select New application registration.
- Provide a name and URL for the application. Select Web app / API for the type of application you want to create. After setting the values, click Create. Take note of the application name. You will use it later.
Assign application to the owner role of the PAYG subscription
You must assign the application to the owner role of the PAYG subscription, so that it can have the privilege to authorize the function application to access the resources in the PAYG subscription.
- Go to Subscriptions, choose the PAYG subscription to assign the application to. This is the subscription in which all the resources in the autoscaling cluster will be deployed.
- Select Access control (IAM) > Add > Add role assignment.
- For the Role, select Owner. In the Select field, enter the application name.
- Click Save.