Creating a security group
Security rules in network security groups enable you to filter the type of network traffic that can flow in and out of virtual network subnets and network interfaces.
FortiWeb Manager-VM requires to allow traffic to port number 22 (SSH access), 80 (HTTP administrative access), 443 (HTTPS administrative access), and 8989 (for its FDS proxy feature).
For the FortiWeb VMs managed by FortiWeb Manager, you need to set the security group of the FortiWeb VMs to allow traffic to port number 90, so that the FortiWeb Manager can communicate with its managed FortiWeb-VMs.
- Click All services, and then enter security groups in the search box. Click network security groups in the search results.
- Click Add. The Create a security group pane opens. Enter a name for the security group, choose the subscription , the resource group and the location where the FortiWeb Manager-VM is located. Click Create.
- In the Network security groups portal, find the security group you just created. Click its name to open the details pane.
- Click Inbound security rules > Add, then configure the settings as shown below.
- Repeat step 4 and enter the corresponding port numbers in the Destination port ranges field. Create four rules respectively for 22, 80, 443 and 8989.