Downloading the FortiWeb Manager license
By default, FortiWeb Manager is installed with a 15-day evaluation license that allows you to manage two FortiWeb devices.
To continue to use the product after 15 days have passed, or to configure additional FortiWeb devices, one of the following licenses is required. Neither license has an expiry date:
- Base – Add up to 10 devices.
- Unlimited – No limit to the number of devices you can add.
Licenses can be obtained through any Fortinet partner. If you don't have a partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in purchasing a license.
To download a FortiWeb Manager License:
- Log in to the CLI using admin account credential and enter the following command:
get system status
- Get the computer ID in the printout. For example:
- Go to support.fortinet.com and log in.
- Click Asset > Register/Renew.
- Enter your license registration code, and then click Next.
- Enter the computer ID you generated earlier, and then click Next.
- Click Show License Key to get the license key.
- Copy this license key and paste it in a blank .txt file. Save it as a .lic file. You will upload this file later to activate the FortiWeb Manager-VM.