Installing a valid license
When first deployed, a FortiVoice-VM instance runs in trial mode until it is licensed. The trial mode supports a maximum of 50 active phones (extensions) for 45 days. Before using the FortiVoice-VM instance, perform this procedure to complete the following tasks:
- Register the FortiVoice-VM instance.
- Download the license file.
- Upload the license to the FortiVoice-VM instance.
After placing an order for a FortiVoice-VM license, Fortinet sends a license registration code to the email address used in the order form. In this procedure, use this license registration code to register your FortiVoice-VM instance with Fortinet Support.
For more details about obtaining a license, see Licensing.
- Register the FortiVoice-VM instance:
- Go to the Fortinet Support website.
- Log in to your account or create one.
- To start the registration process, go to the toolbar and select Asset > Register/Activate.
- In Specify Registration Code, enter the license registration code.
- Specify the type of user (government or non-government).
- To continue the product registration, click Next.
- At the end of the registration process, download the license file (.lic) to your computer and take note of the location where you save the file.
- Upload the license file to the FortiVoice-VM instance:
- Connect to the FortiVoice VM instance. For details, see Connecting to the FortiVoice-VM instance.
- Select Dashboard > Status.
- In the License Information widget, click Update license.
The File Upload dialog box appears.
- Locate the license (.lic) that you downloaded in step 2 and click Open.
- To confirm the upload, click Yes.
- Log in to the VM again using the VM name and password.
The License Information widget displays the following message:
Full License (Warning: License has already been uploaded, please wait for authentication with registration servers.)
After registering a license, Fortinet servers can take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license.
After the authentication with the registration servers is complete, the VM license status appears as valid.
You have completed this procedure.
- Go to Upgrading the FortiVoice-VM firmware.