You can configure your FortiSandbox VM on Azure using either an advanced or basic deployment model.
FortiSandbox VM basic deployment model
The FortiSandbox basic deployment model is the fastest and easiest way to deploy a FortiSandbox VM on Azure. Basic deployment takes advantage of the Azure setup wizard to guide you through the setup process with step-by-step instructions. Deployment takes approximately 10 minutes.
- A single setup wizard page where you can enter all the information required for launching a FortiSandbox VM.
- Only simple information is required: resource group name, VM name, VM region, VM size, username, and your SSH key or user password.
- The setup wizard automatically creates and deploys the following resources: storage account, virtual network, network interface, public IP address, and the virtual machine instance.
- The FortiSandbox VM is only created with one network interface.
- Only supports sandboxing analysis using Windows Cloud VMs.
- Does not support custom Windows VMs.
FortiSandbox VM advanced deployment model
To use the advanced features of the FortiSandbox VM including custom VMs and HA features, select the advanced deployment model. Advanced deployment requires you to manually create all the resources you need. This model is recommended for people who has experience working with Azure and the cloud. Deployment takes approximately one hour.
- Gives you full control to customize the resources required to deploy the VM.
- Supports custom Windows VMs.
- Supports HA features.
The current version only supports clustering on Azure. High Availability mode is not currently supported.
- Takes longer to deploy.
- Requires advanced knowledge of deploying VMs in Azure.
- Must deploy all components manually in Azure.
- Must follow instructions carefully for a successful deployment.