Creating virtual networks
To create virtual networks in Azure:
- In the Azure portal, select Virtual Networks from the left navigation pane.
- Select Add to create a new virtual network.
- Enter the following information:
Name Enter a name for the virtual network. Address Space Use an Azure suggested unused class B network (
xxx.xxx.0.0/16) or enter your preferred unused class B network.
Subscription Select your subscription type. Resource group Select the resource group you created in the Creating a resource group step. Location Select the same location used while setting up the resource group. Subnet
Enter a name for the FSA port1 (the management subnet).
- Address Range
Enter a class C network (
xxx.xxx.x.0/24) within the virtual network.
- Select Create.
- Create one additional subnet in the virtual network:
- Enter the subnet name for FSA port2 (the custom VM subnet), and assign another class C network (xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24) in that network.
The use of class B (xxx.xxx.0.0/16) and class C (xxx.xxx.0.24) in the table above is an example of a common use case. You can adjust the network range as per your own needs.