Creating virtual networks
To create virtual networks in Azure:
- In the Azure portal, select Virtual networks in the left pane.
- Select Add to create a new virtual network.
- Enter the following information:
Name of the virtual network.
Use an Azure suggested unused class B network (
xxx.xxx.0.0/16) or enter your preferred unused class B network.
Select your subscription type.
Select the resource group you created in the Creating a resource group step.
Select the location you used when you set up the resource group.
Name of FSA port1 (the management subnet).
Subnet Address range
Enter a class C network (
xxx.xxx.x.0/24) within the virtual network.
- Click Create.
- Create one additional subnet in the virtual network:
- Enter the subnet name for FSA port2 (the custom VM subnet), and assign another class C network (xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24) in that network.
Using class B (xxx.xxx.0.0/16) and class C (xxx.xxx.0.24) in the table above is an example of a common use case. You can adjust the network range for your needs.