Determining your licensing model
- The following screen allows you to choose basic configuration for your FortiGate-VM HA instance.
Under PAYG/BYOL License, select the licensing model. FortiGate-VM for Azure supports both PAYG and BYOL licensing models. PAYG is an Azure-embedded, hourly subscription model. BYOL is conventional annual perpetual licensing. To activate its functionality, you must obtain a license from Fortinet resellers or distributors and install the license from the FortiOS GUI. To register on Fortinet Support with a BYOL license, see step 3.
- For PAYG, FortiGate hourly pricing depends on the instance type. Visit the Azure marketplace product page and click Plans, beside Overview.
Note HA requires two FortiGate instances, so you will pay twice the prices shown. Note the prices do not include Azure instance compute fees.
- Once FortiGate is deployed, PAYG users don’t need to register a license from the FortiOS GUI. To activate technical support, create the FortiGate instances, then contact Fortinet customer support with the following information:
- Your FortiGate VM instance’s serial number
- Your Fortinet account’s email ID. If you don’t have a Fortinet account, you can create one at Customer Service & Support.