Subscribing the FortiGate-VM
- In the Microsoft Azure Dashboard, select Create a resource and search for FortiGate.
- Select the option FortiGate NGFW - Single VM and click Create.
- Configure the parameters according to your requirements:
- Under PAYG/BYOL License, select the license type. PAYG is billed through Azure as an additional charge to compute usage.
- Create a new resource group or select an existing, empty resource group. For Marketplace template solutions, Azure only allows using new or empty resource groups. If you need to deploy to an existing resource group, you must deploy the template using another method. (After filling in the parameters, you are given an option to download the template file to repurpose). It is possible to deploy to a new resource group and still use an existing VNet in another resource group. Click OK.
- Under Network and Instance Settings, you can deploy to an existing VNet or create a new one. If deploying to an existing VNet, you must already have two subnets to use for the FortiGate-VM. The FortiGate-VM requires a public and private interface for Internet edge protection.
- Under Virtual machine size, select the instance type according to the purchased BYOL license or the cost per hour as anticipated. Licensing is based on the number of utilized vCPUs. You can resize the VM later if needed. Click OK.
- Under IP Assignment, create a new public IP address or choose an existing one. Click OK.
- You are finished configuring the parameters. Once validation is passed, click OK.
If you want to download the template, click Download template and parameters.
- Click Create.
- After deploying the template, you should see new resources as shown: