Setting up a service principal
- Follow these instructions to use the portal to create an Azure AD application and service principal that can access resources. You now have the following. Refer to Configurable variables for descriptions:
- Application ID
- Application secret: You should save this and keep it safe, as it only appears once and cannot be retrieved a second time.
- Tenant ID: You can find this by navigating to Azure Active Directory > Properties > Directory ID.
- Add the App Service to the subscription the resource will be deployed in. Go to Subscription > Your subscription > Access control (IAM) > Add. Choose the previously created app ID.
- Choose the previously created IAM role.
- For the Role, select Owner.