Uploading the disk file to AWS
Follow the steps below to create a bucket and upload the "boot.disk" file to the bucket.
- Log into AWS. Select Amazon S3 from the services list.
- Click Create bucket to create a new bucket or navigate to an existing bucket.
- Enter a name for the bucket, and select a region. The image file in this bucket will be stored in the selected region, and the VMs deployed using the image file will also be located in this region. Click Create.
- On the Overview pane of the bucket, click Upload to upload the "boot.disk" file. If you don't have permissions to upload, select the Permissions tab to grant the required permissions to your account.
- Select the uploaded file, click Actions > Make Public. On the Make public window, click Make public.
- On the Overview pan, select the uploaded file, then copy the Object URL of the disk file. We will use it later.