Connecting to FortiWeb Manager-VM
You can connect via two methods:
- Use an SSH connection to connect via the CLI. For details, see Connecting via the CLI.
- Use a web browser to connect via the web UI. For details, see Connecting via the web UI.
To connect to the FortiWeb Manager-VM instance, connect via the public DNS address and log in to the admin account using the ID of the FortiWeb Manager instance for the password.
To connect via the CLI:
- Start PuTTY.
- In the Category tree, expand Connection.
- Click New Session.
- For Host Name (or IP address), enter the public IP address of the FortiWeb Manager-VM instance.
- For port, enter the inbound port number you have set for the SSH connection. For example, 22, see Creating Security Group.
- For Connection type, select SSH.
- Enter admin for the user name and press Enter.
- Enter the Instance ID for the password and press Enter.
To connect via the web UI:
- Open a compatible web browser.
- Enter the public IP address of the FortiWeb Manager-VM instance, and the inbound port number you have set for the HTTP/HTTPS access to FortiWeb Manager GUI. For example: https://126.96.36.199:443
- For Name, enter admin.
- For Password, enter the Instance ID.
In System Settings > Admin > Administrators, update the FortiWeb Manager password as there are many bots that attempt to log in to newly provisioned devices on AWS subnets.