Configuring FortiSandbox network settings
If necessary, create an Elastic IP (EIP) under Virtual Private Cloud.
- Click Elastic IPs > Allocate new address.
- Click Allocate new address to get the new EIP Address.
- When you see the new Elastic IP address, click Close.
- Select the new Elastic IP address you just created and click Actions to associate the EIP with FortiSandbox port1.
- On the Associate Elastic IP Address page:
- In the Resource type section, select Network Interface.
- In the Network Interface section, select the FortiSandbox port1.
- In the Private IP address section, select the FortiSandbox port1 private IP address.
- In the Reassociation section, clear the Allow this Elastic IP address to be reassociated checkbox.
- Click Associate.
Accessing the FortiSandbox web GUI
- Copy the IPv4 Public IP address from the created instance.
- Paste the copied IP address into a browser window to log into the FortiSandbox GUI.
Configuring the DNS
- Go to Network > System DNS.
- Configure the following:
Primary DNS Server
Secondary DNS Server
- Click OK.
You can use CLI commands in the FortiSandbox console or use an SSH or TELNET client. Before logging in, convert the saved
pem file you downloaded when you created the key pair
ppk file. If you did not choose the Without Key Pair option, log in using the Instance ID as the password.
For more information, see Connecting to Your Linux Instance Using SSH and Connecting to Your Linux Instance from Windows Using PuTTY.