About Deployment Models
The FortiSandbox Basic deployment model is the fastest and easiest way to deploy a FortiSandbox VM on AWS. Basic deployment takes advantage of the AWS Setup Wizard to guide you through the setup process with step-by-step instructions. Deployment takes approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- Single Wizard page where you can enter all of the information required for launching a FortiSandbox VM.
- Only simple information is required: VM region, EC2 instance type, and your EC2 keypair.
- HA features are supported by adding a second NIC during setup using the Wizard.
- Basic deployment can only support sandboxing analysis using Windows Cloud VMs.
- Basic deployment does not support DHCP options and NAT Gateway, which is required to run custom Windows VMs.
To use advanced features of the FortiSandbox VM, including custom VMs and HA features, you can select the Advanced deployment model. Advanced deployment requires you to manually create all of the resources needed. It is recommended only for individuals with a good understanding of AWS and practical experience working with the cloud. Deployment takes approximately one hour to complete.
- Gives you full control to customize the resources required to deploy the VM.
- Advanced deployment supports the use custom Windows VMs.
- Advanced deployment supports HA features.
- Requires advanced knowledge of deploying VMs in the AWS infrastructure.
- The detailed guide must be followed carefully to ensure successful deployment.
- All components must be deployed manually on the AWS portal.
- Longer deployment times.