Creating a VPC and subnets
This section shows you how to create an AWS VPC and create two subnets in it. For many steps, you have a choice to make that can be specific to your own environment.
- Change your language to English and log into the AWS Management Console.
- Go to Services > Networking > VPC.
- Go to Virtual Private Cloud > Your VPCs, then select Create VPC.
- In the Name tag field, set the VPC name.
- In the CIDR block field, specify an IPv4 address range for your VPC.
- In the Tenancy field, select Default.
- Select Yes, Create.
- Go to Virtual Private Cloud > Subnets, then select Create Subnet. Create a public subnet (in this example, Subnet1) and a private subnet (Subnet2), as shown in this example. Both subnets belong to the VPC that you created.