Deploying the Windows Server
- Connect to AWS and go to Network Interfaces. Right-click the private network interface, select Change Source/Dest Check, and select Disable. AWS now lets packets pass through instead of filtering them.
- Go to EC2 instances and select Launch Instance.
- Select t2.micro for the instance type and select Next: Configure Instance Details.
- Set Network to Fortinet-VPC, subnet to Application Subnet 1, and Network Interfaces to eth0. Select Next: Add Storage.
- If necessary, change your storage option.
- Select Next: Tag Instance. Enter a Name tag, then select Next: Configure Security Group.
- Enable Select an existing security group and select the Allow everything group.
- Select Review and Launch.
- After you have reviewed the configuration, select the Fortinet-AWS-Keypair that you previously created.
- Review the information, then select Launch Instance to deploy the server.
- Go to EC2 instance and select the new subnet. Select Get Windows Password.
Click on Key Pair Path Browse and select the key pair file created earlier.
Select Decrypt Password to receive the administrator password for RDP connection.
- Test the connection to your RDP server using your terminal and the following command:
C:\> mstsc /v: /admin