Obtaining the deployment package
The FortiGate Autoscale for AWS without Transit Gateway integration deployment package is located in the Fortinet GitHub project.
To obtain the package:
- Visit the FortiGate Autoscale GitHub project release page and download the
fortigate-autoscale-aws-cloudformation.zipfor the version you want to use.
This documentation is for the Version 2.0.x release which supports any combination of BYOL and PAYG instances.
Documentation for Version 1.0.x (which only supports PAYG instances) is no longer maintained and is only available as a PDF in the 1.0.x GitHub repository.
- Unzip the file on your local PC. The following files and folders will be extracted:
- Log into your AWS account.
- In the Amazon S3 service, create an S3 bucket as the root folder for your deployment. In the example below, the folder is named fortigate-autoscale.
- Inside this folder, create another folder to store the deployment resources. In the example below, this folder is named deployment-package.
- Navigate to this second folder and upload the files and folders you extracted in step 2 to this location. In the example below, we navigate to Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > deployment-package.
- If you will be using BYOL instances, navigate to the assets folder, create a folder named fgt-asg-license, and upload your FortiGate license file(s) to this folder.