Obtaining the deployment package
The FortiGate Autoscale for AWS deployment package is located in the Fortinet GitHub project. To obtain the package:
- Visit the FortiGate Autoscale for AWS GitHub project release page and download the
fortigate-autoscale-aws-cloudformation.zipfor the version you want to use.
- Unzip the file on your local PC. The following files and folders will be extracted:
- Log into your AWS account.
- In the Amazon S3 service, create an S3 bucket as the root folder for your deployment. In the example below, the folder is named fortigate-autoscale.
- Inside this folder, create another folder to store the deployment resources. In the example below, this folder is named deployment-package.
- Navigate to this second folder and upload the files and folders you extracted in step 2 to this location. In the example below, we navigate to Amazon S3 > fortigate-autoscale > deployment-package.