Installing and configuring FortiGate Autoscale for AWS requires knowledge of the following:
- Configuring a FortiGate using the CLI
- AWS CloudFormation templates
- AWS Lambda Function
It is expected that FortiGate Autoscale for AWS will be deployed by DevOps engineers or advanced system administrators who are familiar with the above.
Before starting the deployment, the following steps must be carried out:
- Log into your AWS account. If you do not already have one, create one by following the on-screen instructions.
- Use the region selector in the navigation bar to choose the AWS region where you want to deploy FortiGate Autoscale for AWS.
The c5.large instance type is not compatible with the Asia Pacific (Sydney) Region (ap-southeast-2).
AWS Auto Scaling is not supported in every region. Please check the AWS Region Table prior to selecting a region. Region support may be added without prior notification.
- Create a key pair in your preferred region.
- If necessary, request a service limit increase. You may need to do this if you encounter an issue where you exceed the default limit with this deployment. The default instance type is c5.large.