Creating the FortiWeb-VM instance
Navigate to the uploaded image and click Create Instance. Configure the following settings.
- In the Name your instance field, enter the desired name to identify the instance by.
- Under Select an availability domain for your instance, select the desired domain.
- Under Choose instance type, select Virtual Machine.
- Under Choose instance shape, select one of the supported instance shapes. Currently, FortiWeb-VM supports the Standard2 instance families.
- In the Virtual cloud network field, select a network to launch the instance.
- In the Subnet field, select a subnet on the Internet-facing side of the network. See Optional: Creating a security list for the ports that should be allowed for inbound traffic.
- Select Assign Public IP Address so you can access the FortiWeb-VM over the Internet. You can disable this once you have configured everything as desired.
- Add SSH keys.
- Click Create. Wait until the PROVISIONING… status changes to RUNNING. You can also check the FortiWeb’s public IP address https://<public-ip>:8443 in this screen once it becomes available. The username to access FortiWeb-VM is admin, and the password is the <ocid, where <ocid> can be found under OCI Instance General Information.
|When you deploy the FortiWeb-VM package, network adapters are created automatically. If you want to delete network adapters, do it during the deployment process. It's not recommended to delete network adapters once the FortiWeb is deployed, otherwise unexpected error will occur.|