Connecting to FortiWeb-VM
To connect to FortiWeb VM, you need your login credentials and its public DNS address.
The default username is admin and the default password is the Google Cloud instance ID, which is represented as a number that can be found after locating the instance in the Google Cloud Compute Engine console.
- Choose the instance from the list of instances that you may have on the VM Instances page.
- Click the equivalent REST at the bottom of the VM Instance page.
You will see a line starting with id: "<number>". This is the FortiWeb initial login password.
Access the FortiWeb-VM
You can connect via two methods:
- Use a web browser to connect via the web UI. For details, see Connecting via the web UI.
- Use an SSH connection to connect via the CLI. For details, see Connecting via the CLI.
To connect via the web UI:
- Open a compatible web browser.
- Enter the public DNS address of the FortiWeb-VM in your browser and the port number 8080 (HTTP) or 8443 (HTTPS), for example: https://<public_DNS>:8443. The public IP address is found on the VM instance details page.
The HTTP access to FortiWeb's GUI will be automatically redirected to HTTPS, so if you enter the HTTP port number (e.g. 8080), it will be redirected to the HTTPS port (e.g. 8443).
If you have deployed FortiWeb-VM 601, please note the port 8080 and 8443 are not allowed by default. You need to access FortiWeb's GUI through port 80 and 443. It's recommended to add firewall rules for 8080 and 8443 (See Configuring Google Cloud Firewall Rules), and then change the Web Administration Ports to 8080 and 8443 in System > Admin > Settings after you log in to FortiWeb.
- For Name, enter admin.
- For Password, enter the instance ID you find in step 3. It's recommended to change your password in System > Admin > Administrators after logging in.
To Connect via the CLI:
- Start PuTTY.
- In the Category tree, expand Connection.
- Click New Session.
- For Host Name (or IP address), enter the public DNS address of the FortiWeb-VM instance.
- For port, enter 22.
- For Connection type, select SSH.
- Enter admin for the user name and press Enter.
- For password, enter the instance ID you find in step 3. It's recommended to change your password after logging in.
config system admin
set password <password_str>
You can use FortiWeb without a license because it has a 15-day trial. It's recommended to upload your license to FortiWeb through System > Status > Status if you have one.